Green Computing | Resources
Government Agencies and Community Partners that Provide Resources and Guidance for Environmental Stewardship.
Environmental Stewardship and the Government
Electronics and electrical products (e-waste), including batteries and accessories, are managed by product stewardship agencies in accordance with their stewardship plans approved under the Recycling Regulation.
Government agencies that provide resources and guidance for environmental stewardship are as follows:
This is another list of companies in BC alone that recycle electronic waste:
- INAC has worked with many partners over the years to develop unique made-in-the-North programs that focus on taking care of the environment in the NWT. The Environmental Stewardship Framework (ESF), previously known as the Cumulative Effects Assessment and Management Framework or CEAMF, is an overarching framework that links these and other environmental programs together. The ESF was created in 2000 to support responsible economic development within the context of sound environmental stewardship. cited from:
A citizens guide to INAC’s environmental stewardship roles in the Northwest Territories.
- A Rocha is committed to responsible environmental stewardship that passes on a legacy of hope and transformation to communities. cited from: A Rocha environmental stewardship
Created By: Samantha Sylvester
- Antifreeze, Used Lubricating Oil, Filters and Containers -> BC Used Oil Management
- Batteries and cell phones -> Call2Recycle (RBRCC), Recycle My Cell (CWTA)
- Beverage Containers -> Encorp Pacific (Canada), Brewers Distributor Ltd. (BDL)
- Electronics (e-waste): Computers, televisions, audio-visual, medical equipment, office equipment -> Electronic Products Stewardship Association (EPRA)
- Gaming Equipment -> British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC)
- Information, Technology and Telecommunications (ITT) -> Bell Canada, Shaw Communications Inc, TELUS Communications Company
- Lamp and Lighting Equipment -> LightRecycle - Product Care Association
- Large Appliances -> Major Appliance Recycling Roundtable (MARR)
- Lead-Acid Batteries -> Canadian Battery Association, Interstate Battery System of Canada Inc.
- Outdoor Power Equipment -> Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI)
- Paints, Solvents, Flammable Liquids, Gasoline and Pesticides -> Product Care
- Pharmaceuticals -> Health Products Stewardship Association
- Small appliances, power tools, sports and exercise equipment, hobby, craft -> ElectroRecycle - Canadian Electronic Stewardship Association (CESA)
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms -> Alarmrecycle - Product Care Association
- Thermostats -> Switch the ‘Stat - Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute (HRAI)
- Tires -> Tire Stewardship BC
- Toys – Electronic & Electrical -> Electronic Products Recycling Association